I figured that an update to our site and Facebook page was necessary. So... here you go.
First thing, we've gotten more microphones, more stands, more pedals, more everything. The PreSonus is installed with the D4 Module next to the drumset, all of the microphones are hooked up to each channel (both shown below), and we've actually done some work on recording. As of now, we don't have a complete recording of our first original titled "Far From" with lyrics and finalized. When this gets finished, it will be posted on the Media tab of our website as well as on our official Facebook page.
Second, our band performed at our High School's talent show audition. This process took absolutely forever (as it did last year with other groups), for taking the entire drumset down and loading it into three separate cars - yes we didn't have an available van or truck - was extremely difficult. And all of that struggle for three minutes of playing music... Vocals weren't added (though lyrics were finalized) to the audition since they weren't ready... basically, we didn't practice them. Hopefully, we were accepted, and hopefully, we will get that $100 prize for winning at the end of it all.
We're diligently working on practicing our original and are working on getting more done in the process.
Stay tuned in for updates.
Shown: Shure SM48 Dynamic Microphone (Vocals) AKG D88 S Dynamic Microphone (Bass) Two Audio-Technica Condenser Microphones (Overheads) Kick Drum Dynamic Microphone Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone (Snare)
Lexicon Omega Recording Interface (top of crate) PreSonus FireStudio Project (top rack) Alesis D4 Drum Module (below)
The whole back setup